Fruity, fresh and indulgent, its a must have summer bake!
There’s nothing easier to make then a no bake fridge set cheesecake ad this one is perfect for the summer. Most of the cheesecakes that I make tend to be quite rich and indulgent and personally I find them a little heavy when the weather is so hot and I prefer something lighter and fruiter. That’s when I decided to make a summer berry cheesecake, with a ginger biscuit base, a white chocolate and vanilla cream cheese filling topped with a mixed berry jam and plenty of fresh mixed berries. Of course, you can use the same chocolate filling and use milk or dark instead and even add other flavourings instead of vanilla use orange or peppermint extract.
For the base:
• 150g digestive biscuits
• 170g ginger biscuits
• 100g butter
For the filling
• 600g white chocolate
• 300g cream cheese
• 250g mascarpone
• 300ml double cream
• 1tsp vanilla extract
For the jam:
• 70g blueberries
• 50g strawberries
• 50g raspberries
• 50g cranberries
• 50g blackberries
• 100g caster sugar
• 1 lemon juice and zest
• 2 tbsp. water
For the decoration:
• Fresh mixed berries
1. Firstly, make the base, place both the digestive and ginger biscuits in a bowl and crush with a rolling pin or in to a zip lock sandwich bag and crush, so that they resemble coarse breadcrumbs.
2. Then melt the butter and mix into the breadcrumbs. Then place the mixture into a baking tin with the base lined with greaseproof and leave in the fridge whilst you prepare the filling.
3. Next make the filling, place the white chocolate on to a ban-Marie and gently melt. Once melted remove from the heat.
4. Whisk the cream cheese and mascarpone together the add the vanilla extract and mix together.
5. Then add the double cream to the cream cheese mix and whisk together. The mixture should be stiff and firm.
6. Then fold in the melted white chocolate.
7. Pour this mixture onto the biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge overnight.
8. Prepare the jam for the topping by placing all the ingredients into a saucepan on a gentle heat and reduce the berries down to form a jam like texture. Then leave to cool.
9. Once the cheesecake is set remover from the fridge and spread a layer of the jam of the top followed by a hand full of mixed berries and scatter them over the top.
10. Then remove from the tin and serve.