A winning flavour combination!
Who doesn’t love a cheeky chocolate orange? Well this is the perfect quick and easy bake for any fan of Terry’s famous treat.
I adapted my “best ever cookie recipe” to combine the orange flavour. Now you can either use just chocolate orange either the minis or the regular full-size orange or a combination of both chocolate orange and milk chocolate. I used a combination, you can find the quantities in the recipe below.
Be sure to leave a comment below if you try out this recipe and subscribe for more recipes. You can also follow me on social media and if you do try any of my recipes I would love to see the end result so be sure to tag me in any pictures.
• 200g unsalted butter
• 115g light brown sugar
• 85g caster sugar
• 2tbsp golden syrup
• Zest 2 oranges
• Juice of 1 orange
• 300g self raising flour, sieved
• 125g mini chocolate orange pieces, chopped
• 100g milk chocolate, chopped
1. Place the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Add the golden syrup and continue to beat.
3. Then beat in the orange zest and juice.
4. Fold in the flour and chocolate then leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
5. Then using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the cookie dough place on to a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 8 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and bang the trays on the work surface before returning to the oven for a further 5- minutes.
7. Then remove from the oven and bash on a work surface twice and leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue to cool.