Everyone’s favourite biscuit incorporated into everyone’s favourite traybake! It’s an Oreo Brownie!
This brownie was a right hit, so I thought it would only be fair if I shared the recipe. But seriously I don’t know of a bake that didn’t include Oreos that didn’t go down well and with that being said I think that this would make the perfect bake for any occasion. A treat for both adults and kids to enjoy together and possibly even make together with this being super quick and simple to do.
For the topping I personally like to cut the Oreos differently because I think it adds a rustic homemade style to the brownie however you can be super neat and do a little design maybe by keeping them whole or chopping them in half or quartering them.
I also used the Asda version of Oreos to save a few pennies when making these so bare that it mind when making them if you’re on a budget like myself. Another great suggestion is to use the different flavours that you can get of Oreo. In the UK we don’t have a huge selection of Oreos to choose from, but we can get hold of the birthday cake, strawberry and the mint Oreos which would add an extra element to this brownie.
Now me and the family demolished the whole batch just as they are but you could add a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream with these to make the perfect dessert to any impress any guest.
• 265g dark chocolate, chopped
• 230g unsalted butter
• 430g caster sugar
• 175g plain flour
• 4 eggs
• 1 (154g) pack Oreos, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease a 9-inch square baking tin.
2. Place the chocolate and the butter in a bowl and top of a pan of simmering water.
3. Occasionally stir this until the chocolate and butter have both melted and then remove from the heat and add in the sugar and whisk.
4. Then add in the flour and stir.
5. Next add the eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly.
6. Then place this mixture into the prepared baking tin and scatter the Oreos all over and bake for 35-40 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for at least 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue to cool.
8. Once completely cool cut into the desired shapes and sizes and enjoy.