The perfect Easter Treat!
Probably the most amazing thing you can do with a cream egg is turn it into a scotch egg. This is a cream egg that’s coated in brownie and rolled in chocolate sprinkles and it’s AMAZING. Thanks to me I have just improved your Easter by sharing this recipe with you- your welcome.
You can use either normal sized cream eggs or mini, I opted for mini cream eggs here. You could also swap the cream egg for any egg-shaped chocolate so caramel, Oreo or Diam. You can also swap the chocolate sprinkles for flake, grated chocolate, crushed mini eggs or desiccated coconut.
These will also make the most incredible Easter gift ever, just wrap in cellophane and tie some pretty ribbon around them. It makes for a much more thoughtful gift then a shop brought Easter egg.
For the brownie:
• 250g dark chocolate, chopped
• 175g butter
• 325g caster sugar
• 120g plain flour
• 3 eggs
For the butter cream.
• 75g butter, softened
• 125g icing sugar
• 50g cocoa powder
For the assemble:
• 1 pack of mini or normal sized cream eggs
• 50g of milk or dark chocolate
• 200g chocolate sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the butter and chocolate in a bowl and place over simmering water, stir together until it’s all melted and remove from the heat.
3. Add in the sugar and mix thoroughly.
4. Then fold in the flour.
5. Next add the eggs one at a time and mix together.
6. Pour into the prepared baking tin and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool slightly in the tin for 10 minutes then remove and place onto a cooling wire rack.
8. Next prepare the chocolate butter cream, place the butter in a bowl and beat with an electric hand held mixer.
9. Gradually add the icing sugar and cocoa powder to the butter and beat on high speed, repeat this until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
10. Crumb up the brownie by either using a food processor or using your hands.
11. Take a spoonful of the buttercream and gradually add to form a stiff mouldable mixture.
12. Take the cream eggs, remove the foil and coat with the brownie mixture so its completely covered.
13. Leave these to set aside in the fridge for 30-40 minutes.
14. Melt the chocolate, remove the cream eggs from the fridge and dip into the chocolate then dip this into the chocolate sprinkles
15. And boom you’ve just made a cream egg scotch egg- Enjoy.