What an amazing gift to give to any chocolate lover this Christmas?
As Christmas is just around the corner I thought it was only appropriate to include a handmade gift and who doesn’t love chocolate. Everything about this chocolate bar is perfect for Christmas, I don’t know why but for some reason I find pecans to be a really Christmassy nut and when there candied with the cinnamon its even more festive.
Now I decided to wrap these chocolate bars in tin foil to create the feel of a chocolate bar and then add some string and ribbon, but you can get as creative as you like and really personalize them for the person your gifting them to or you can pop them in cellophane bags and tie with some ribbon or you can skip this step and scoff them as soon as there ready (I wouldn’t judge).
You might find it easier to have a look at a YouTube video on tempering chocolate correctly, alternatively you could simply just melt the chocolate however you won’t get that shinny finish and snap that tempering would give the chocolate. It can also unevenly set the chocolate, so I’d definitely recommend tempering as its super easy to do and is a skill that will help you make other amazing chocolate treats and gifts.
• 100g brown sugar
• 2 tbsp water
• 1tsp cinnamon
• 70g pecans
• 390g milk chocolate
• Edible gold glitter
1. First start by caramelising the pecans, place the brown sugar, cinnamon and water into a saucepan.
2. Heat this on a medium heat for a minute and then bring to the boil.
3. Then you can add the pecans and heat for a further 3 minutes.
4. Remove this from the heat and scatter the pecans over a baking tray or a plate and allow them to cool.
5. Next begin to temper the chocolate, start by placing 300g of the chocolate in a bowl and place on a ban-marie and leave the remaining chocolate aside to use later.
6. Gently melt the chocolate and remove from the heat and allow it to cool to 45°C.
7. Once it reaches 45°C add the remaining chocolate stir it till its all melted in.
8. Continuing stirring this until it drops to 30°C Then it is ready to use, so pour the chocolate into the moulds.
9. Then scatter the pecans and glitter over and drop on the work surface to remove any air bubbles.
10. Place this in the fridge for 30 minutes or until it has set then you can remove the bars from the moulds and eat!!